100% Pure Wild Boar Bristle Hair Brush, Model PW1, 1st Cut Natural Bristles, Best for Fine or Thin Short Hair, Pear Wood Handle, Made in Germany, Premium Hairbrush, by Desert Breeze Distributing
The Brush Long ago in Germany’s Black Forest – home to folklore and fairy tales – a brush maker began crafting the world’s finest brushes. Today, his family legacy continues in the same German village it began, under the timeless watch of the Black Forest. The family’s dedication to quality has never wavered. Their selection
Long ago in Germany’s Black Forest – home to folklore and fairy tales – a brush maker began crafting the world’s finest brushes. Today, his family legacy continues in the same German village it began, under the timeless watch of the Black Forest. The family’s dedication to quality has never wavered. Their selection and processing of locally grown wood for the brush handles, preparation and precision cutting of the bristles, to the completion of the final product, the generations of pride are evident in every brush.
At the extreme elevations of the rugged Tibet Plateau in western China, small family farms raise a special type of wild boar. It’s at these high altitudes the boars grow firm, strong bristles. The boars are raised for meat, but the bristles are saved for the merchant who travels from farm to farm to purchase them. It is these unique boar bristles, which come from the boar’s neck area, that are the most desirable for a high quality brush. The first cut of the boar bristle is the most firm. This cut includes the root, which is the light color visible at the bristle’s end. This first cut is ideal for most hair types.
Natural Hair Care
The old adage of “a hundred brush strokes a day,” is still proving its worth. The structure of the boar bristle is very similar to that of human hair and will not cause damage like synthetic brushes. Staggered bristles grip the hair at the scalp, then gently massage and stimulate circulation at the roots of the hair to promote healthy growth. High quality wild boar bristles naturally absorb oils from the scalp. When the hair is brushed, this oil is transferred down the hair shaft. This process creates a natural sheen, volume and fullness, while also helping to prevent split ends.
Desert Breeze Distributing is a registered trademark of Desert Breeze LLC.
- The PW1 hairbrush is a full size brush that is 2″ wide (brush area) x 8.75″ (total length) and is pure 1st cut wild boar bristles (most firm part of the bristle) from a special type of wild boar raised in the high mountains of the Tibet Plateau. Bristles are approximately 5/8″ long. Crafted in Germany’s Black Forest at a family shop that’s been making high quality hairbrushes for over 100 years.
- Bristles are precision cut for staggered lengths (effilation) approximately 5/8″ long, which allows the brush to grip hair down to the scalp (fine to medium thickness hair only). Precision spacing between the bristles allow brush to penetrate through fine hair types. PLEASE NOTE: because of bristle density and pure boar bristles, this brush is not suited for thick hair. For penetration through thicker hair, brushing hair in sections may be needed.
- The handle of this beautifully crafted brush is made of oiled pear wood, grown locally in Germany. The wood has an engraved image of the butterfly – a symbol of the gentle and transforming powers of nature.
- Pure boar bristles naturally condition hair, improve hair texture, and reduce the need for styling products. Pure boar bristles are similar in structure to human hair, so like human hair, boar bristles are not anti-static. If static control is needed, smooth hair with palm of hand after each brush stroke, or spritz or apply a small amount of leave-in conditioner into hair before boar bristle brushing.
- Crafted in Germany’s Black Forest at a family shop that’s been making high quality hairbrushes for over 100 years.